Re: ADT or FrontPointSecurity for a house?

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:19:29 PM UTC-7, mleuck wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:53:58 PM UTC-5, Chris wrote:
> > > FrontPoint sends you a GE Simon XT and some sensors that you install yourself, how is this better?
> >

> > Well that would give you the option of using screws to mount devices with instead of double-sided tape or silicon that all the doorknockers seem to be using lately.
> >
> > - Chris
>
> And which method of mounting do you suppose an inexperienced customer would choose? Especially when the manufacturers often include double-stick tape with the sensor.

I would hope the average inexperienced customer would have more common sense than the average inexperienced doorknocker.

Although I find that parts usually have under-sized, philips screws included, or occasionally both screws and tape.

The only parts I can think of that only have tape included are the ones that can only be mounted with tape, such as the "vanishing" contacts from Secure Wireless.  This is one reason why I don't use those contacts.

- Chris