Re: Honeywell IGSMV Requires Crossover cable

On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:12:38 AM UTC-5, NickMark wrote:
> On Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:44:08 AM UTC-4, NickMark wrote:
> > If your going to be installing a Honeywell IGSMV Alarmnet you must use =
a cross over  cat 5 cable not a straight cable or it will not work properly=
 they have it in very small print this is cable needed.=20
> > It will cause you major headaches otherwise.
>=20
> Nope you need a very specific cat 5 cross over cable its 2568A on one sid=
e and 2568B on other side or it will not work and will not properly registe=
r  cell part will register but not the IP communicator will work but keep s=
ending troubles every 24hr or 30 day depending how you set it.  and most st=
ores do not carry a cross over cable let alone know what it is. it is imila=
r to old fashioned null modem cable .

That is completely wrong, I've used standard cable purchased from Best Buy,=
 Rat Shack or I imagine Walmart and it works fine, I've used a 7845iGSM for=
 years and now have an iGSMV.

The cell is registering because you have no IP connection, gosh can't imagi=
ne why