Re: paradox sp5500

On Apr 25, 9:37=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:20:51 AM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:25:38 AM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:
>
> > > Having to tell a central station that "well this is a water alarm and=
 this one is high temperature" just doesn't cut it when the customer is sui=
ng you later because of a botched response.

> > > It can't be all that difficult to put CID/SIA codes into a panel and =
Napco has a whopping 10 codes available for zone programming which is absur=
d.

> > I'd dare you to cite a case where someone was sued because of this, but=
 I know that you are just using an unjustifiable, highly unlikely situation=
 to try to defend your unplausable position.

> Actually I can but not in this forum.

How typicaly convenient

> > I'd also ask you to point out how many people don't use Napco products =
> because they don't have lots of CID codes.
>
> No they don't use Napco because other better alternatives are out there. =
I doubt most people even have a clue what CID codes do on the central stati=
on side. If I recall it wasn't that long ago you claimed you were programmi=
ng 4/2 and was "looking into" CID and SIA.

Well you actually got something right. I've been programing alarm
panels longer than you are. So it's no big deal to me to program in
any format. 4/2 format is just as good for me as any other format. The
only advantage to the newer formats is that it makes it easier for
installers and people at the central station to not have to think. I
know, I know, your going to say it's so much faster .... but, in fact
it isn't. Except if you added up all the half seconds saved on a
single zone report at the end of a twenty zones reporting. Not enough
to make a difference. The plausable advantage is that since the people
at central stations aren't the swiftest people in the world, it
prevents them from having to read and interpret zone descriptions sent
in by alarm installers which they fucked up for years when dealing
with 4/2 format. And thus the reason I changed to CID.

> > It's not all that important .... except maybe to someone like you who d=
oesn't > have any (any that would count, that is) field experience and who'=
s =A0central
> > station biased. It may be important to you but it doesn't even appear o=
n the > screen for installers.

> I could be wrong but I don't recall you riding with me when I was install=
ing. Its also amusing how quickly you turn to insults.

Gathering from what you've said about your brief stint as and
installer, you would have been riding with me and not for very long.
I've spit people like you out, for years. You know everything you've
ever heard or read. And is easy to turn to insults with  you. After
all this time It's simply anticipation that  you're going to be the
prick you always are.

> > And again ......... It likewise can't be all that difficult to tell the
> > central station to respond to one zone in a certain way ..... unless of
> > course it's one of the majority of your installers that you so fondly c=
all =A0your customers, who can't use a laptop to program a panel. In that c=
ase I can understand why you favor dumbing it down to their level. Obviousl=
y, there's no reason to put one of these installers to the task of thinking=
.

> The entire point of CID and SIA is you don't have to tell the central sta=
tion anything...except >apparently if you use Napco. And I don't quite see =
how adding reporting options is "dumbing" down a >panel but then I don't ha=
ve to use a laptop to program a panel either.

Not if you're doing a 4 zone control panel. I wouldn't have to use a
laptop either. I haven't done anything less then 25/30 zones in years.
I suspect that the alarm installers you deal with don't do system with
more zones then they have teeth left in their mouths.