Re: Comcast Xfinity to offer security systems

On Mar 24, 4:45=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday, March 23, 2012 11:28:19 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> > "nick mark59" <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
.
> > Yes once again I am going to sit back and watch another ass hole
> > telecom corporate player try to get into the security system game
> > Infinity rolls out in may and will have its ass handed to it just
> > like att securitech and every other corporate ass hole company who
> > has tried to get into this business.
> > As usual i will sit back watch them blow each others brains out and
> > gather up all thats left over.
>
> > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D

> > Yea, don't these guys get the History Channel??
>
> > Les
>
> Unfortunately they have the deep pockets to keep trying different approac=
hes. Someday the shit is going to stick to the wall.

RHC; My experience with telecoms and the security business tells me
they will never learn. They know the ropes but the size of the
organizations simply don't lend themselves to the major paradigm shift
necessary to shift from "management by phone company committee" to
that of a regular results based business. Many years ago, when Bell
Canada was starting up Bell Guardium, they asked me to come out of
retirement to run the new startup alarm company. In spite of a
tremendous guaranteed salary for three years, I refused for a couple
of reasons. One..they wanted me to sell my small side business due to
a conflict of interest. And two, they wouldn't guarantee my automomy
to run things as I saw fit - they still wanted control over
everything. The writing was on the wall from day one !! I told them
right out, it would be several years before they'd end up pulling the
plug. They were highly offended, but I was only wrong by a year or
two.....

Same thing will happen here no doubt...