Re: DSC 1555MX and PC1616 in alarm

On Mar 11, 8:58=A0pm, Frank Kurz <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/03/2012 4:40 PM, E DAWSON wrote:
>

> > "nick mark59"<nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> =A0wrote in message

> >> your shit out of luck either replace boards or use a service like Jim
> >> Rojas =A0provides which unlocks themwww.tech-man.com
>
> > Thanks for trying and sorry you could not help me.
>
> > Is there a way to log into a DSC when it is in alarm using software? I =
do
> > know how to get into GE Networx in any armed state using software witho=
ut
> > knowing any codes at all. I am looking for information from someone who
> > knows specifically about DSC and has had much experience with those boa=
rds.
> > Thanks again.
>
> If the board is locked out, and it has been previously downloaded by the
> original installation company, then you won't be able to log into the
> panel with the downloading access ID code. =A0As the man said previously,
> you're SOL. =A0Jim Rojas provides a board unlocking service. =A0You shoul=
> contact him through his website atwww.tech-man.com. =A0If you can contact
> the installation company, they may be able to unlock the board for you
> (for a fee). =A0Chances are they'll want to sign you up for monitoring at
> the same time. =A0Unless you have the installer code, you will NOT be abl=
> to enter board level programming.
>
> The one thing you should confirm is whether or not the board IS actually
> locked. =A0Power down the system first (remove AC and battery). Wait for
> thirty seconds. =A0Plug the battery back in then plug in the wallwart. =
=A0If
> you hear the telco relay clicking several times, this means the board is
> locked. =A0If you don't, you will be able to default it and program it
> from scratch. =A0If you need the programming manual, shoot me a quick
> email or call the toll-free number on my website and I'll send it to you.
>
> Good luck!!
>
> --
> Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net

RHC; Frank, Jim cannot unlock the DSC 1616 series boards either. We
work together to some degree and I would know right up front if he had
found a way to do this.

Good point though about making sure it is unlocked !! Many not really
familiar with alarm boards could easily confuse simply changing the
installer code (which is normal) with locking the board (which is
quite different)...