Re: StarLink2 Radio

"Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:C0O5r.10156$HX7.7998@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "nick mark59" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:56:13 PM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> Anyone have any input on the Napco StarLink2 Radio??
>>>
>>> Advertising says it works with any panel.  Says it is GSM and
>>> cost
>>> is less than $100 and low monthly fees.
>>>
>>> Just wondering what pro's and con's there might be.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Les
>>
>> Couple dealers here use Napco and like it said its similar to
>> uplink  type service
>
> It works "like" Uplink, but it can also do upload/download on
> Napco panels, and they have a cell phone ap under development that
> will allow for remote arm disarm and status for any panel that has
> key switch capability and an output that can be programmed for
> status.  This is direct from some of the management at Napco.
> Uplink also appears to be developing a cell phone ap based on
> certain things that now show up on their dealer interface, but
> they are being closed mouthed about it when I asked.
>
> I have been using Uplink (and Telguard, and even old analog cells
> units) for years.  Their guaranteed network compatibility that
> they just released (when 2G is phased out) is a plus, but
> whichever one comes out with a clean cell phone ap that works
> first will be the one that gets my next order of cellular
> communicators.  I am leaning towards Napco for long term since I
> install a lot of Napco panels and have a lot in the field though.
>

> --
> Bob La Londe

Thanks for the input Bob, Jim, & Nick.

I have never been a fan of the Napco product line.  Somewhat due to
the DL Software and the funky keypad configuration.  I saw this
StarLink 2 thing and was wondering how wonderful it may
be....................... or not.  With all the stuff on the market
and new stuff happening it is hard to stay ahead of the game.

Again thanks for the input.

Les