Re: A River Ran Through It

If NAPCO was spelled DSC then there would be a problem.

"Bob La Londe"  wrote in message news:Xkc3r.20087$HR6.5241@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Feb 28, 11:46 am, "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "G. Morgan" <sealte...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> > I think a new board would be in order too.
>>
>> Third times a charm I guess.  We shall see.
>
> RHC: Sometimes it's astounding what a panel will take ! I had a client
> that told me she had a water leak that ran down the wall and shorted
> out her alarm panel. When I got there, I confirmed it had been totally
> flooded. I didn't think that anything would survive that drenching,
> but once the panel dried out, it worked perfectly. I kept an eye on it
> for awhile, but it's been running for a year since that happened and
> faithfully sends in it's test signals. Yet other times even a mild
> surge over the phone lines will short the panel dialers hopelessly
> destroying the board !!
>
> Go figure !!

Well, that X255 is doing everything its supposed to.  I powered it up.
Tested all the basic functions, and created some deliberate faults.  Access,
burg, communication, supervisory stuff.  All works.  Network module, EZMs,
Panel.  This thing has been wet enough to flake out three times that I know
of, and judging by the condition of the floor and the layer of black mold on
the wall where the panel used to be its been wet plenty of times that it
didn't totally flake out too.