Re: RG59 direct burial siamese

If the run is only 300 feet why use RG 59? That run is short enough to use
IP camera with a PoE switch or mid-span injector and not need the 18/2 on
the Siamese or the RG 59. You could use a better camera, like an HD
Megapixel instead of 640X480 4CIF, especially if cost is not a concern as
you say.

"Jim"  wrote in message

On Feb 25, 8:32 am, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Anyone have any idea why there's such a wide price range for this
> > cable?
>
> > From the low hundreds to high $400.00 plus.
>
> > Who do you trust?
>
> Check the details of the specs.
>
> There is Solid Copper Core w/ Solid Copper 95% Braid and solid
> copper on the stranded 18 gage pair, which is the best.
>
> Then there is Copper Clad Aluminum or CCA.
>
> Then there is Copper Clad Steel  or CCS
>
> There is other stuff.  If you are pricing only the first item and it
> is SOLID COPPER the prices will be higher but you are or should be
> comparing apples to apples.  Anything else is buyer beware.
>
> For Direct Burial it must spec it as such.  If not don't buy it
> because it will fail.  Not the next day, but it will fail.
>
> If the listing does not say COPPER you need to ask and get
> confirmation.
>
> Oh and for what it is worth.  The CCA and CCS will work but the
> quality of transmission is not as good and distance of run will be
> shorter.  Do you want to take the chance that it will fail or not in
> the future??
>
> Good Luck.
>
> Les

I'm looking for direct burial for about 300 feet at the most, so steel
core would still work. And I'm not actually concerened about WHAT it
cost ....( the customer will pay for what ever it is)  just that there
seems to be a big difference in cost between the same items.