Re: Fans Sets Off Glassbreak

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:57:41 PM UTC-4, Chris wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:48:57 PM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
> > "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> > > Ok...  I haven't an idea where to look with this one...
> > >
> > > I have not been out to the site yet, but the customer claims the alar=
m=20
> > > goes off when they turn on the ceiling fan.
> > >
> > > Ok...  I do have an idea.  This was a takeover, and I didn't run any =
of=20
> > > the wire.  I wonder if one of the wires is parallel to the fan wire i=
n the=20
> > > attic, and its getting an induced voltage spike when the motor starts=
=20
> > > up... I don't know.
> > >
> > > I've always been careful of that sort of thing myself and I have neve=
r=20
> > > experienced that on an alarm.
> > >
> > > I guess I also need to go listen to the fan starting up.  LOL.
> >=20
> > I found a double door on the same zone that wasn't properly latched.  T=
op=20
> > pin of passive door was down so both doors could move easily at the top=
.
>=20
> Well there goes my theory.  Home run wiring and zone expanders go a long =
way.
>=20
> - Chris

Well, I was going to say that maybe .... if the fan was really old and had =
a big motor that maybe the "thunk" when the motor started with the combinat=
ion of the movement of the air ..... might be enough to set off one of thos=
e old ... old glass breaks               But ...................... never m=
ind!