Re: Making assumptions

Jim Wrote:

>If you feel guilty about it .... you could always leave a note in the panel.
>
>"Dear next alarm guy. Somewhere on the burg loop there are 700 ohm resistors added to the circuit to make up the difference in total loop resistance. Good luck. Signed: Last alarm guy. Consulting Fee: $95.00 per hour. "

True story, an ADT fire alarm panel (SK 5208) I opened the can and
noticed resistors in parallel to the detection zones.  At first I
thought, oh man... they didn't supervise the circuit.  Then I
noticed on the door written with a Sharpie and arrows drawn to the
terminals:   "These are NOT resistors, they are *equalizers*!"
OMG.

I just locked the can back up.  I was there re-doing & taking over
ADT's burg. system, that didn't work at all.