Re: Some dumb questions

"stuart noble" <stuart.dot.noble@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1577734d-551b-4ce5-b71f-e9e05bcc5855@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi All
> I'm looking to install a domestic wireless system consisting of just
> three shock sensors and an external sounder. I obviously need some
> kind of control panel, but only to turn it on or off. I don't need it
> to send text messages or any of that stuff. I can see plenty of
> choices for the shock sensors, but do I have to stick to the same
> company for the control panel? Any advice welcome

Heck, you don't need a control panel.  Just a switch of some kind, a power
supply, and a relay if you plan to operate a sounder.

As to shock sensors.  Some are standalone like window bugs and others have a
processor board of their own.  None really need a "control panel" to
operate.

I did some vending systems with internal key switches a while back that just
triggered a cellular communicator directly.  There was more than just a
shock sensor or two though.

Now that cellular is unlimited I wouldn't even put a switch on them to turn
them off.