Re: SpaceX - Can the Pepsi Cola Space Platform be far Behind?

Just Looking wrote:

> Is that your first idea is that government regulation of space (or
> anything else) is the answer? Damn more government regulations, I'll
> take my chances on the signage issue.
> So you're up to giving the likes of Obama, Biden and the rest of the
> Democrats something else to try and regulate and screw up?
> Let me see, according to the Democrats a woman has the right to an
> abortion, without questions of any sort; because after all it is after
> all her body. That "her body:' part is, of course, a fallacious as well
> as a biologically incorrect statement, but nevertheless, it is their own
> (Democrats) specious argument. I am not a doctor. I don't even play one
> on T.V. Therefore I don't know anything about the morbidity and
> mortality rates for women currently, region by region, for their giving
> birth and/or carrying babies to term. I am not anyone to bless or curse
> any medical decision between a doctor and patient. However if that same
> woman happens to be in New York City anytime in the not too distant
> future, then right after the abortion she can't go into a restaurant and
> have a 32 ounce Coke?
> Not to worry though. Currently the United States seems to follow these
> rules for the most part.
> UNCOPUOS (the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer
> Space).
> I am not too worried about a Coke or Pepsi ad in the night sky. I would
> be more concerned about images of say Ernesto (Che) Guevara, Kim Il Sung
> or their ilk. Although the technical challenge and the opportunity to
> comically deface such images routinely "would be priceless".
>

> "Bob La Londe" wrote in message news:kpQvr.24432$XG.14386@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Space X just docked the first recoverable private cargo capsule with the
> International Space Station. Space is going private. Is that a good thing?
> Can we regulate what private companies do in space? If not is that a bad
> thing?
>
> I don't recall if it was Coca Cola or PepsiCo who originally offered to
> bankroll the ISS if they could have their logo painted the length of the
> station. Now that we have private companies directly in the space delivery
> business how long will it be before there is a 500 mile long light array in
> our night sky proudly hawking feminine hygene products? Without government
> regulation how graphic will it be? LOL.
>
> The real question is, "Which one of us is already working on the shielded
> control and communication module for the giant billboard?"

There are lots of websites and forums that talk about the differences in
our pathetic 2 part system, and they are usually biased to the extreme.
It is better to watch the news everyday, and judge them by their
everyday actions.

Republicans believe that people are served best by letting them take
care of themselves, or helping others through charity. Democrats believe
that our government is best at taking care of people.

Republicans think that everyone can take care of themselves, while
Democrats wants to band everyone together, and everyone takes care of
each other.

Democrats: Are pro-choice, believe in more gun control, and more
intrusive government power of our businesses.

Republicans: Are pro-life, less gun control, less government power over
our businesses.

By leaving out any kind of value judgments, the difference in the
parties is basically ideological.

Democrats believe in human rights. Democrats also believe that you have
certain rights as citizens, taking it as far as the right to health care.

Republicans believe in pure privilege. Republicans believe that you can
have only that which you can afford, or earn. That's it in a nutshell
but you need to decide which you think is the better ideology. Do you
think you should be given things as a citizen, or should you have to
work for what you get?

I find myself in between. I listen to the dribble from both sides, and
both sides do have valid points. When I go to the ballots this November,
I will find myself wanting to vote for both parties, but there is
another thing that I have noticed. People usually do not vote for who
they want in office. They vote for who they do not want in office. We
elected Obama because we were tired of the same old BS from Republicans
allowing our financial institutions to plunder our life savings...

Under Obama, he has basically made public, and uuncovered many ugly
truths about our financial institutions and government practices...this
is something we already knew, but we really didn't want it thrown in our
faces...

So do we vote for the "business as usual" Republicans, or do we vote for
more ugly exposed truths from the Democrats...

I say just toss a coin...it makes no difference to me.

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com
8002 Cornwall Lane