Small system for community docks

Any opinions on the Lorex system from Costco?
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11753262

I need to put up a few cameras to watch the piers and boat racks in my
community.  We don't have internet yet, but we want to store a few
days so it can be given to the police if there is an issue.  We have a
couple incidents a year, such as kayak thefts or vandalism.   The
cameras will be outdoors, but can be mounted under a pavilion roof
overhang to protect them.

I should be able to get a some additional budget next year for some
remote locations.  One is about 100 yards and the other 200 yards from
the DVR.  Should I be looking for a CAT5 / MPEG system instead of
these BNC coax cameras?

Thanks for any help.