Re: Unbelievable !

Jim Wrote:

>The owner just wants me to replace the roller balls with the reasoning that the original ones ( which were mechanical contacts) lasted 25 years, the new one's should last longer.
>
>Even though the owners "logic" is sound .... for some reason I just don't feel comfortable with being associated with doing this .... imagining that the next installer 25 years from now will be thinking .... what kind of A-hole would do this?

The damage to the window weather strip is already done.  The customer is
fine with replacing the switches.  You said yourself it would last
another 25 years, and who cares if someone calls you an asshole in the
future!?

If you surface mount, it won't look as good as concealed.  I would just
replace the switches.  It's the easiest and more aesthetically pleasing
than surface mount.  Plus, the customer is always right... <g> If there
is a problem with the configuration (does not sound like it), you can
always go back and re-do at their expense.

I might turn the 4 zone system into a hybrid wireless/wired in order to
separate the loops better.  Use a x-mitter with the external input, and
group the windows for better isolation.