Re: The first time in over 20 years.

On 7/6/2012 10:32 PM, G. Morgan wrote:
> Jim Wrote:
>
>> Well, I did something the other day that I haven't done in over 20 - 30 years.
>>
>> I was drilling a window up to the attic and drilled through the roof.
>>
>> DAMN!!!!!
>>
>> Fortunately it was an older ranch that someone was renovating so after everyone had left, I was able to go back and tar the hole. Embarrassing!!
>

> Magnet and brown Dap - Brinks installers best friends!  The hard part is
> explaining why you need to access the roof. ;-)

Mine was trying to drill up through a header into an attic, I was
certain I was in the attic so I shoved the fish tape (30 ft fiberglass)
up the hole so the guy in attic could grab it.

He kept saying he couldn't see it and I was dubious as I had to have at
least 20 ft of tape up there.  I decide to go out to my truck and get
him a better flashlight.

As soon as I opened the door I figured out why he couldn't see it -
there was the end of the tape dangling right in front of my face.

I tarred the hole and told the plant supervisor (was I not supposed to
do that?).  He had his maint super check it and he had no problems with
the fix and said he would check it every year or two for shrinkage.