Re: The first time in over 20 years.

On 07/07/2012 09:23 AM, Frank Kurz wrote:
> On 06/07/2012 6:33 PM, Jim wrote:
>> Well, I did something the other day that I haven't done in over 20 -
>> 30 years.
>>
>> I was drilling a window up to the attic and drilled through the roof.
>>
>> DAMN!!!!!
>>
>> Fortunately it was an older ranch that someone was renovating so after
>> everyone had left, I was able to go back and tar the hole. Embarrassing!!
>

> Been There - Done That!  :-)

I had a tech do that about 25 years ago.  He went through a large beam
and thought he was going upstairs.  Solution: He pounded a 3/8" dowel
through the hole and patched the roof with tar (in a caulking tube.  I
gave the customer a warranty on our work equal to the balance of the
term of his new roof.  No claim, still a customer.  Still have the
warranty letter in his file!

John Sowden
American Sentry Systems, Inc.
San Francisco Bay Area