Re: Napco Quickloader

On 30 =CE=99=CE=B1=CE=BD, 09:37, proguard <sp.kintzoni...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrot=
e:
> On 30 =C3=89=C3=A1=C3=AD, 06:25, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 29, 2:50=C2=A0am, proguard <sp.kintzoni...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Anyone knows if PCI2000 with Napco's 14.4 data/fax modem v.32bis will
> > > work with Quickloader v 5.6.3? Trying to set up modem's com port and
> > > pci2000's port but at modem settings tab nothing happens when i do
> > > pci2000 port test. I've got no experience with napco's software. The
> > > connections between modem --> pci2000 --> pc are correct.
> > > Anyone's help with the set-up will appreciate it!
> > > Thanks in advance and with a small delay happy new year to all!
>
> > > regards,
>
> > > Spyros
>
> > Hi Spyros,
>
> > I don't =C2=A0use the Napco modem, I use a Cardinal internal modem. And=
, I
> > set this modem up so many years ago, I don't even remember a thing
> > about it. However, I do remember that setting up the modem was
> > relatively simple to do. As suggested by "Just Looking" don't even try
> > to use the PCI2000, all you have to do is plug in a regular telephone
> > handset on to the phone line you are using for downloading and when
> > you start your downloading process, take the receiver of the telephone
> > off the hook and leave it off hook all the while you are downloading.
> > That will keep the telephone line open when there is no activity going
> > on, so that the panel/Quickloader doesn't hang up and end the call.
> > That's all the PCI2000 does.
>
> > Once you make the connection, the Quickloader program is pretty self
> > explanatory. You should practice by setting =C2=A0up a few sample accou=
nts
> > and read the auto help files. It took me about two or three hours to
> > learn all I needed to know about it. It's not that difficult.
>
> Thanks for the info. I didnt knew that pci2000 kept line open. I'll
> try again with other modems i have and if i've got problem i'll ask
> you again. I'll try with us robotics sporster 14400 that works fine
> with other DL softwares and with ademco compass 2400.

US robotics sportster 33600 works very well but i get this respond
while trying to dl on the bench an xp400

modem has connected
obtaining panel type
communication retry - continuing (X5 times)
ok
modem communication completed
panel did not respond in time

please check:
cables
pci2000 operation
telephone interface
panel operation
security codes
account validity, correct panel type
user authority

any idea?
pci2000 works ok, it clicks when i switch on the modem. also i tried
it with a phone set on the line as you told me like a hint, but the
same things occurs.
the panel is on defaults. the security dealer code is 4567 the default
and everything on the software is default it exept the phone number of
the panel in order to dial.
i am dl it usin 2 call answer method. Call back did not try it and
keypad connection did not work at all. Modem in this mode cannot dial.
But at "One step download connection" works but with the problems i
mentioned before....
Any ideas?