Re: Fire Alarms Conduit size

On Jan 29, 2:36=A0pm, dave evans <daveevans...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Many electricians tell me that the minimum EMT conduit size for fire
> alarms is 3/4"
> I can't find any reference in any code book that supports this.
> Can someone point me to a reference or is the 3/4" not required by
> national codes?
>
> TIA
>
> Dave

You can use 1/2 " conduit for fire as long as you do not exceed  the
amount of conductors allowed.

The codes and tables  can be found in the NFPA-70-  National
Electrical Code.  and on some internet sites.  Theres also couple apps
for sizing boxes and conduit available.

A code book can be purchased on line or at most electrical supply
houses. You should not be installing or touching fire alarms with out
a copy of it and NFPA 72 fire alarm signalling code . Or you will find
your self in a big world of shit when things go very wrong.

Most electricians spec 3/4" because its standardizes  the run and
allows for expansion in future. But there is no such code which
requires 3/4" unless it is a specific local code  which I do not know
of any.