Re: Bosch: monitoring panel D7412GV2 using DX4020 and D6600

"Jim"  wrote in message

On Jan 26, 9:46 pm, "Just Looking" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How did you end up with all that gear and no technical support? Do you
> have
> the D6200 Programmer software?
> I assume you have all of the proper licensing for the IP portion of the
> D6600 receiver?
> At its core a D6600 is meant for monitoring alarms via the regular dial up
> telephone network.
> The IP part is more or less an afterthought to the D6600, as it is with
> may
> other brands of receivers.
> There is a lot of stuff you have to do to get it to work right. Since I
> don't commission a D6600 everyday, it would be best to get some support
> from
> those that do.
> In fact I have only commissioned D6100 units, not D6600 units.
> Here it is step wise.

Could you please be a little more concise. You leave us with a
thousand questions.

First:  How does a telephone net ... work?
Two:   What's an IP part? Do I need to buy one?
Three: What is a receiver? Do you mean like on a telephone?

More to follow............

First: Are you pulling my leg here?
You're asking just how does a telephone network operate?
I don't think installing a D6600 receiver requires a telephone engineer's
knowledge of all of the functional aspects of how a switched telephone
network operates. It merely requires that you connect the receiver to a
dedicated telephone line.
Two: Yes, there are more parts than you actually listed that are necessary
to get a D6600 to receive signals via an IP network. I listed those part
numbers in the instructions I copied from the Bosch website and pasted in
the response I posted here.
Three: A receiver is a common name for an alarm central station alarm
monitoring receiver. The D6600 is actually called a receiver using that
nomenclature.

Installation of a Bosch D6600 receiver is not something that most folks
posting here, including me, do often enough to be able to walk you through
stepwise. The questions you're asking generally require assistance from
someone very familiar with this procedure or someone with technical support
at the actual manufacturers level. My suggestion is that you find someone
like that locally where you are or find a way to get support directly from
Bosch.