Re: WHAT recession ?

On Jan 16, 9:06=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> RHC: Another home run ! IMO right on all counts, especially about the
> mass marketers moving into the "glitz" market, and taking a sh*t
> kicking once they find the service levels required. =A0The conventional
> alarm manufacturers are far too slow to adapt, and are still behind
> the eight ball, but give them a year or two of pressure from the
> smaller installation companies (who themselves will increasingly get
> pressure from their customers), and we will start to see them move
> into the 21st century....ie: panels with IP connectivity built in to
> the board for one....
>
> I had a long conversation on the weekend with a party who is quite
> high up on the technical side of Rogers Cable up here. He gives them
> about 5 years max before they learn their lesson again and back out of
> the security market. Unfortunately, once they do, there will be
> thousands of customers left without service since I have my doubts
> about anyone ever wanting to pick up this hardware (they'll have to
> sell it all off to an ADT type buyer....)

Heeey. Now there's an idea. I seem to remember a start up company many
years ago that built a nice little business doing takeovers on these
kinds of accounts.   Hmmmm Where did I hear about that?

> I'm installing a system on Wednesday with the IP100 interface from the
> alarm bus to the clients router, so he can control things from his
> smart phone. Done it a couple of times now, and feedback has been
> super positive. No question, that's the way it's going, but hopefully
> with conventional QUALITY alarm equipment not the current wave of stuff- =

Whatsa IP100?

Who's product are you using and on which panel?

Napco has a similar device but .... for me, at least, it hasn't reach
an acceptable price point that the client is willing to pay for.