Re: ISO new DVR for my old wired cameras

On Jan 12, 8:24=A0pm, Name Classified <strangw...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have been running a JPEG DVR with 4 wired cameras for the last few
> years.
>
> I use it to view activity around my house from work.
>
> The viewing program is a very small program that ran without fully
> installing on my work PC.
>
> We just upgraded to Window 7 at work, and I can=92t run the program
> anymore.
>
> I=92d like to replace the DVR with a new one that will connection to my
> old cameras (standard connections) and will stream the video to the
> web (no viewing software required).
>
> Can anyone suggest a new DVR that can do this?
>
> Thanks

You might be able to use your existing program if you ( or have
someone ) set up a virtual Windows XP (or whatever) OS you were using
before ..... on your new computer.

How much are you willing to spend on a DVR?  Although there are very
inexpensive DVR's available I usually spend $600.00 on up. That's
dealer pricing. End user pays about $900.00 with installation,
networking and setup. I see  units out there selling for $250.00 or
so. Size of HD in the DVR is a pricing factor also. You might have to
pay a little more now while the HD industry catches up with production
after the floods in Tiwan. They say prices will be back down by
Spring.