Re: WHAT recession ?

On Jan 11, 11:52=A0am, "Bill" <billnomailnosp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" =A0wrote in message
>
> > ...Jeeeeeze ..... now I actually have to go to work again.
>
> And are accounts paying their bills on time?
>
> Delinquent accounts lessening? Same? Growing?

Over the last few years I've lost a higher number of accounts than
usual. Some (I'm sure) due to the economy. Lost jobs, people moving to
another state because of job changes, etc. However ( and let this be
of interest to those of you who have been in this business for many
years) I've been in this industry for 43 years. One of the attrition
issues that I never considered was that I would start losing accounts
because they died. Other related losses are due to moving to Florida
for retirement, can't afford fee because they're retired on limited
income. One spouse dies or gets sick and the other can no longer
afford it. Sold house and moved in with family/to gated community/
senior community, etc. So ..... the longer you're in business the more
you have to deal with this kind of attrition.

There are a few delinquet accounts that I'm carrying for a while .....
just because they've been good customers for so long and are going
through hard times. Some I've had to cancel after a while. Others I'll
carry for a bit to see how it goes. Some I've carried have come back
and I've forgiven past due. I play this by ear.

However. as far as growth, as far as alarm accounts go, I'd have to
say it's about status quo or a little less. But ....... In the last
4/5 years I've increased my home theater and CCTV, automated lighting,
whole house audio and residential network wiring, and setup business.
It's not recurring income but the profit margin is lots better, so
income is growing. And I peiodiacally increase monthly monitoring fees
in small amounts too.

How about you?