Re: RG59 direct burial siamese

On Feb 25, 12:22=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone have any idea why there's such a wide price range for this
> cable?
>
> From the low hundreds to high $400.00 plus.
>
> Who do you trust?

The pricing varies by how much a particular supply house buys from a
particular vendor  of wire so if the underground wire is not from
vendor they typically buy from it will be higher priced . I run into
this all the time with certain cables which are not popular or
commonly stocked. plus add in cost of shipping and it can be
substantial.
I bought 100' of 2# 4 conductor SO flexible mine cable other day for
use on a machine and the shipping weight was 75 pounds and $250.00 to
get it here plus 1.85 a foot for the cable .
so add in shipping and it puts the cost up there. and underground
cable is heavier.
there also might be a minimum where they by it from and cutting
charges etc. if you do not meet minimum which can jack up price.