On Feb 18, 8:55 am, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Frank Kurz" <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> : On 17/02/2012 1:45 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> : > Hey all,
> : >
> : > Among all the billions or so electric key switches how does
> one
> find
> : > a switch with the following features.
> : >
> : > - Maintained - Off - Momentary
> : >
> : > - Key removal at the Maintained and Off Positions
> : >
> : > - Minimal current (dry contacts only)
> : >
> : > - About 15 switches all keyed alike.
> : >
> : > Trying to search on line is nuts. Was looking at Mouser but
> when
> : > you find one, then go look at the specs and something does not
> : > match.
> : > Usually the key removal issue.
> : > There has to be a better way. Or maybe there isn't.
> : >
> : > Anyone know of an easier way??
> : >
> : > Thanks,
> : >
> : > Les
> : >
> : >
> : >
> :
> : Doug's link to Galco is pretty cool. They have a really easy to
> search
> : database. It only took 40 seconds to find what you want.
> :
> :
> : --
> : Frank Kurz
> :www.firetechs.net
>
> Frank, You will forgive me for saying that I believe your "40
> second
> find" is a bit over stated. Maybe you got lucky or did not read my
> criteria. Either way, I will call them next week, so thanks to
> Doug
> for the link.
>
> Oh, and if you want to share your find I will type a quick apology
> and thank you.
>
> Les

> Check with C&K they make specialty key switches for all types of
> equipment and components as well they no longer exist as an alarm
> entity but they still have there industrial division  can probably
> meet what you need

Thanks Nick,  Yea, C&K is one of the mfg's that Mouser carries but
the searching was killing me.  The truth be told I don't think that
this switch configuration is all that "special special".  I just
think it is a matter of getting the right connection to spec it out.
I do have work-a-round for this project but having this particular
switch config will make it much simpler to function.

I am however approaching the point that the amount of time spent
searching is reaching counter productive.  But it is one of those
things that I can't give up on till the fat lady

Les