Re: Understanding Fios

> > Just press *82 and the Caller ID will be UNBLOCKED for that call only.
>
> > "I would have thought you'd think of that ...... DOH!"
>
> > Les
>
> Oh and BTW I always try to learn something new everyday.
> Please accept the above as yours.
>
> Have a good week all. Go learn more.

However it seems that no one here can learn what fucking number to
dial to find out what number your calling from.

Try 800-444-4444.

That's all I wanted to know.
How could I ever possibly think I could find out here?

For the record, I don't carry my cell phone with me when I'm on the
job. It stays in the van. Aside from the fact that I've broken lost 4
cell phones crawling around in attics and crawl spaces,  I concentrate
on my work and not on taking phone calls from people who THINK they're
important enough to interrupt me while I'm working. My cell phone is
for MY convenience only ... NOT for the convenience of others. There's
nothing that important that it can't wait until I get back to the
office to pick up messages and calls.  There's not too many things
that are more insulting than having a face to face conversation with
someone and have them interrupt that conversation because someone is
calling them on their cell phone. I"M there in front of them and by
answering their cell phone they're telling me that they think that my
time in despensible and the person on the phone's time isn't.

Don't you all feel the same way ..... errr .... no ..... obviously you
don't ... How silly of me.
Hint:    It has to do with the definition of the word ......  respect.

Sorry, if I would have know that your issue was to get the number without
while not having your cell phone with you, then I would have responded
differently.

I would have said something like around here the phone companies (of which
there are many) all have there own number to dial to get the ANI.  They also
change that number ever so often so trying to get the new number has proven
to be useless.

I do not believe that there is a common number any more since the break up
of the bells.  This is but one of the reasons that I keep my tool (cell
phone) with me regardless where I am.  I use it for a variety of things
other than talking to people.

When in conversation with a customer I cancel the ringer and continue the
conversation.  Customer feel that I am always very reachable.  I feel it is
important to be that way.  To each his/her own.

Again hope you have a good rest of the week.

Les