Re: Need to cut through the BS on Alarm monitoring costs

On Feb 3, 1:10=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 9:10=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > =A0My thoughts also.......... My TROLL Detector has been activated and
> > is in
> > =A0"Alarm Condition".......... I KNOW DMP doesn't deal with homeowners
> > at all,
> > =A0this guy's BS is hard to swallow and smell......
>
> > RHC: Yes, the same thought had occurred to me; however, in case he is
> > for real, I chose to give him the benefit of the doubt.
>
> I didn't even consider answering him at all. He obviously knows
> everything it's taken me 42 years in the industry to learn.

Not trying to scare any  one but its  FACT . How many times I have run
into this when testing  or working on systems  when doing subcontract
work for others who use these national services  and  FM or code
official is standing there and no or slow response .
or firefighters sent to wrong address etc etc. Had it happen at a
Paneras Bread where we pulled test and they sent them to the Paneras
Bread up the other end of town as actual alarm instead of confirming
we sent a test .After we called and told them to correct things  with
the address they still sent trucks wrong 2nd time we tried system  FM
threatened to fine them if it happened 3rd time.  . Pull the fire
alarm at a family dollar in union town  and they sent police for hold
up instead of confirming a fire test etc etc. Thank god FM heard the
call come in and got the cops slowed down.
and this is different Central stations involved.
They put a fire alarm in at church me and wife attend and they call
all hours of night to report  system failed to send test  signal in
think they could wait till 8am for that.
Just put a big fire system on line for another contractor who uses
these big services and office manager got a call 4 am  no 24  test and
threatened to cancel contract  and pull system out for being called
for nonsense at that time.
They could have waited to call her and or called me to check it out
instead of bothering the office manager.
with digital phone lines tests can be delayed some times .

If any of my own customers fails a test the central calls me at 3 am
and I can get on line and pull panel and see whats going on with it
and if phone lines are active etc why bother the customer with minor
bull shit calls and piss them off.
Just had this same thing again when I took over some apartment
buildings couple months ago .Manager was so glad no more 3 am bullshit
phone calls.

Sorry I do not trust this big automated centrals just seen too many
problems with them. Every time  I have taken over systems over the
years have customers told me they love the small local service I use.