Re: What the future holds for ASA

Jim,
First, yes. I am (was) a regular here in years past. Bass is the reason I l=
eft.
I simply created the new forum on a whim one day last week, I think it was,=
 and that made me remember this place. I stopped by to see how things were =
in here and read about the past attempts to start an "Exclusive" group, so =
I posted on it thinking it may interest some. No agenda other than to let i=
t be known it was there if anyone wanted to try it out. I guess I didn't re=
ad back in the archives far enough or I would have seen how bad the fightin=
g amongst everyone had progressed. I mean, ONE simple post and already I ha=
ve come under attack by Graham and he's already posting personal informatio=
n and trying to show how great a stalker he can be. So, let me say this to =
hopefully answer your questions, and then...I think I'm done with this grou=
p again (possibly after replying to Graham, I haven't actually decided yet)=
.

The intent of http://www.integratedsecurityprofessionals.com/ upon creation=
, was simply to provide a PROFESSIONAL atmosphere for Security Industry per=
sonnel to exchange conversations & Ideas, help one another, same as here bu=
t with enough control to simply keep the conversations professional and kee=
p the name calling and personal attacks and posting of personal info, trade=
 secrets, user codes, etc. to an absolute minimum. There are NO requirement=
s other than a valid e-mail address simply to e-mail you your user info. an=
d have you validate that it is an actual working e-mail and not a SPAMBOT (=
nearly all web based Message Forums use this method now).
There is NO other verification process of any kind and no plans for it.=20
The expectation is to allow anyone to join who believes they belong to such=
 a group, although to protect sensitive information from being viewed publi=
cly, there may be a need to create Private Forums within the main site for =
such a thing. Even still, there is no expectation to make people reveal the=
mselves to enter these rooms. I expect that permission could be given based=
 on how well trusted that individual is to be an actual person in the indus=
try and a regular user of the forums. In any event, I don't expect people t=
o give up their anonymity. This however is NOT a place for DIY'ers or RESID=
ENTIAL alarm discussions. Although discussions of Panels that may be used i=
n both Resi AND commercial use is acceptable, as long as it pertains to a c=
ommercial application. If the moderators feel it is inappropriate for a COM=
MERCIAL Based Forum than yes, it may be deleted. Your username and password=
 are created by YOU and no personal info. is revealed in any way (not even =
your e-mail, unless you enable it) to anyone but the Administrator (me) whi=
ch, I already see that as a problem for you and I fully understand. It's a =
trust thing, you either trust me or you don't. I get that. At this time, th=
e only Moderators (who CANNOT see your personal info) are actually personal=
 friends and/or co-workers of mine that I know in REAL LIFE and ARE in this=
 industry. If this is acceptable to you (or anyone else here) then by all m=
eans come register. If not, no hard feelings.
Have a Happy New Year!