Re: Curly Cord

On Aug 30, 10:36=A0am, "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am looking for a decent length multi conductor curly cord. =A0So far th=
> most I have found is 10 conductors. =A0Its for a custom built remote for =
a CNC
> machine, but if anybody knows wire its this group.
>
> I can get by with 10, but 12 would be better allowing my to run a separat=
> common for critical items like an emergency stop circuit. =A0I'ld like
> conductors large enough to tin and put in a screw terminal, and a fair
> amount of straight jacket at each end. =A0If the curly part easily stretc=
hes
> to about 4 feet with a max of 5 or so it would be perfect.

If you can't find it, I believe it's possible to construct your own
using highly flexible wires and curly plastic tubing. Assuming you
have room for that.  At least that way, you shouldn't run out of
conductors.  As I recall, something like 4 inch diameter plastic
coils.

One project we used fibred flex cable all rolled up. take a look
inside an old printer for an example. Interestingly, the strain relief
had to extend several inches because even the longitudinal flexing of
the cabling tended to break it.  Another polyimide PCB [I think, may
have been polyamide, which works in a vacuum, too]