Re: Scalable Video (90 Channels) NVR

Bob La Londe Wrote:

>So, anyway...  I have to meet the spec they provided which is not to
>redesign the spec and let the other bidders price off my work.

Gotcha.  You can call Pelco and they will build you a NAS solution to
specs.  I've put in some of their rack-mounted units that hold 18 drives
(or 20, forgot) that are easily scalable as the project grows.  The one
at a certain federal facility has over a dozen of such HDD racks.

You'll just need to keep an eye bandwidth as you know.  I think you're
right about keeping the CCTV network separate from their LAN, the IT
department is only going to give you so much bandwidth if they want to
bridge the two.  Let them control their allotted cap to it's gateway,
and roll your own network for the cameras. That will keep the IT guys
from messing around with it hopefully.  I would make sure to use a
totally different color for the cables so it's clear to everyone which
network is which.