Re: Why did you get in alarm business ? Here's my reason

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:55:46 AM UTC-4, NickMark wrote:
> http://nickmarkowitz.blogspot.com/2012/04/reason-i-am-in-fire-alarm-busin=
ess-is.html

Simple story: I was always a techie, hands on person from the time I was a =
kid, building Heathkit and Lafayette Radio kits from the time I was about 1=
0 years old. (and you gotta remember that there were no solid state electon=
ics then... Tubes were the electronis in those days) I rebuilt and created =
unique bicycles, electric trains ..... and took apart anything I could get =
my hands on and figured out how it worked. Joined the Navy .... electronics=
 communication ... got out, went to collage for two years, quit when I disc=
overd that they were trying to teach me how to read the stock reports in th=
e NY times, rather than how to run a business and went to work for small an=
d large electronic companys..... bench work, harness wiring, mil-spec wirin=
g and soldering. Then electronic technician. Then manufacturing engineer (j=
ust a title)all in electroic product manufacturing. Then I was out of work =
for a few weeks so I took a shot at a newspaper add and went to work for an=
 alarm company in 69' Discoverd that with all my past experience that I kne=
w more than many of the existing long time workers. I just had to pick up t=
he jargon and some of the "by rote" methods of installation like snakeing e=
tc and I was on my way pretty quick. Back then, most alarm workers didn't h=
ave any technical training. Most didn't even know how to read an analog mul=
timeter. While working for them I started this and ............. whadaya kn=
ow ...... just a mere 43 years later ..... hear I yam. Still lovin it.