Re: DSC 1555MX and PC1616 in alarm

RLB's hoary corpse is in the ground, but it has a spirit that roams the
halls of the White House every night. It whispers praises in the ear of the
President, and inhabits his dreams; and when other wise not occupied with
those tasks finds time to duel with Nixon's ghost. Recently the conservative
members of the Supreme Court are now rumored to have had a new theme and
character in their collective dreams as well. It is the vision of a yellow
dog with  http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/ shaved into its fur and is
circling the Supreme Court building, howling incessantly and pissing on the
pillars of the edifice.

"tourman"  wrote in message

On Mar 24, 4:43 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday, March 24, 2012 3:08:00 PM UTC-4, tourman wrote:
>
> > RHC: It's been a week now and the silence is deafening. To me that
> > says a lot about the state of our industry....:((
>
> Silence in the group or this thread?
>
> Group has been slow but not dead silent.
>
> But,I told you how this is going to end up, Robert. Ya gotta picture it
> now. Two old geezers, down in Florida in their respective nursing homes,
> sitting on the sun porch in their wheelchairs with lap blankets, "think
> typing" to each other on their IBrainphones about the pro's and con's of
> long term contracts. Both of us not realizing that it is long  past the
> time after Magic Jack has taken over all alarm monitoring in the world, in
> The Cloud.

RHC: Well you could be right about it, at least as far as this
newsgroup is concerned. There's not much life left in the old lady
anymore. Seems to have died off right after RLB passed away...dunno
what that says, but it is what it is.

I wouldn't worry about VoIP; that's never going to amount to much for
alarm purposes, since it is designed without error checking, and was
never designed for digital data. Besides IP communications is coming
up so strongly that it will quickly surpass it, since it works. Five
years from now, every board manufactured will come with IP on board
including the necessary RJ45 connector. VoIP...also a dead issue

I'm not sure I'm going to bother with this newsgroup much anymore, but
after 15 years it's hard to discard. It's also discouraging to think
that few others care to deal with the ills of our industry unless they
directly impact their bottom line...