Re: Wireless CCTV problems (somewhat OT)

"JakeD" <fgdfgdfg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I am trying to get to grips with an outdoor CCTV system, and I am new to
> this technology. The system uses wireless cameras with IR LED's so it
>
> Any help or advice on this would be appreciated. And if anyone knows of a
> more suitable forum for this question, please let me know!
>
> Thank you,
>
> JakeD

You are on a fools errand.  Any outside environment will change the video
scene enough to trigger the motion detection and start to record.  Doesn't
matter if it is the camera or the DVR.  You will need a different device to
detect if something moved and use that input to a trigger on the DVR to
start recording.  The DVR needs to have alarm inputs to make this happen.
Outside motion detectors or photo beam are a good choice that would be wired
back to the DVR.  Set it up, done, end of story.

Les