Re: Business VOIP

"Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Nr4fq.9288$L45.9148@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Ok...  any of you guys using VOIP for some or all of your business phone
>> lines?
>>
>> Who do you think is good?
>>
>> Time Warner is finally getting their act together locally and providing a
>> fair service, but they cost about the same as the local copper line
>> provider.  No real benefit there.  94% reliable vs 98% reliable for the
>> same price.  No benefit there.
>>
>> I have a pretty good broadband connection so a third party VOIP provider
>> may be considered also.
>
> Did they port over your existing numbers or did you have to take what they
> gave?

So far 8x8 is looking like one of the better providers.  About $30 per line
including taxes, fees, number portability.  $55 per line for adaptors to
analog.  Or you can get into their IP phones on a per seat basis.  Included
features list is pretty impressive.  I think I am going to kiss my copper
line provider goodbye.

Sure beats $50+ from the cable co or the copper line guys.