Re: Business VOIP

On Sep 23, 2:31=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok... =A0any of you guys using VOIP for some or all of your business phon=
> lines?
>
> Who do you think is good?
>
> Time Warner is finally getting their act together locally and providing a
> fair service, but they cost about the same as the local copper line
> provider. =A0No real benefit there. =A094% reliable vs 98% reliable for t=
he same
> price. =A0No benefit there.
>
> I have a pretty good broadband connection so a third party VOIP provider =
may
> be considered also.

Even though it cost more, I still use Verizon land line..... more than
half of my customers have switched to VoIP,  However, I call forward
alarm signals to my centrals. It's worked great all these years so I
don't want to mess with it now. $40.00 to $60.00 more a month for two
call forwarding lines. Not that big a deal for the reliability.
Haven't lost a dial tone since hurricane Gloria ... what? maybe 25-30
years ago?  I've got customers that I've had to remove telephone line
monitoring from their panels because Cable VoIP goes down a couple/few
times a month in the middle of the night. I can't get though to anyone
a Cable that is able (or willing ?) to explain why this happens in
some areas and not others.
I'll stick with hard wire until it becomes less reliable than it has
been. I was thinking about switching to VoIP for my residence though.
I just don't think about it often enough or at the right time, to make
the call. I think that's due mainly because..... I don't want to hear
someone make that inane statement that the "Technician will be at your
home somewhere between 8AM and 8PM  next Tuesday."