Re: Bad port on DVR weird trouble shoot

Question,   does that DVR  have program set-ups for each camera?
We've had that problem with another Chinese branded DVR,  what I found was
that the balance ckt for the input voltage had gone down the dumper..
But by adjusting the brightness and contrast of the problem camera we were
able to bring the whole system back into working order..
Needless to say  that port will have to be used for a pretty stable light
source camera.  other wise the whole problem will return as the light to the
camera changes..

What caused the problem in the first place?  We could only guess, but some
other stuff in the business had also gone down the dumper about the same
time,  and those failures were directly linked to a line voltage pulse from
the local supplier..
My guess would then be that an op amp in a chip which auto-balances the
different inputs all to a 1 volt Peek to Peek match had gone down the
dumper...
Just my guess though.....

RTS

"G. Morgan"  wrote in message

nick markowitz Wrote:

>> >No first thing I checked it is definitely the port doing it as soon as
>> >any cam gets plugged into port 3 the DVR starts waking out
>>
>> weird, never seen that one.  What did the factory say?
>
>They send basically to send it in to them they have not seen it either.

I guess its out of warranty by now, I wonder what they will charge to
replace/fix it.  It may be cheaper to buy a new one.