Re: questions regarding Paradox Alarm

On Aug 22, 5:27=A0pm, Alboon <alboon2...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just bought a house with an alarm. But the setup did not suit me so I
> decided to modify its operation (number of zones, time etc ...). This is
> what I have:
> - 5 "476+" Paradox sensors
> - 2 keyboards MG10LEDV
> - A bell Altec Sirus (v1)
> - The alarm system "Paradox SP6000"
> - a telephone transmitter : Altec Simpl'Vox (v2)
>
> I have several questions:
>
> - I did a reset of the system so that I could define areas but I
> understand that a reset changes the =A0intensity of battery charging
> (350mA default): I do not have a special installation, but do you think
> for some reason I need to specify 700mA instead of 350mA?

RHC: No, leave it at 350 ma setting

> - Apparently the SP6000 has an integrated telephone dialer: so what is
> the utility to add this Altec transmitter ?

RHC: I have no idea what an Altec transmitter is ! The SP6000 has all
sorts of means of transmission built in to the panel already...

> - Finally, is it possible to test the alarm to sound without the bell?

RHC: Yes, disconnect one side of the siren circuit temporarily and
have at it...

> In fact, I put 30s delay for "night mode" but the bell sounded at the
> end of 3-4s, I can not explain why. And I'd like to push my tests a
> little further without waking the neighbors up.

RHC: The SP6000 is definately NOT a DIY panel. You have not set your
timers properly. I install this panel for a living and it confuses
even me at times with the huge number of software options available...