Re: ADT Dealer being scum again

On Aug 26, 7:58=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://consumerist.com/2011/08/new-adt-sales-tactic-cold-call-people-...
>
> I have lost all respect for ADT when they do not reign in these scummy
> sales people and dealers

RHC: Nick, while I sympathize with your sentiments and fully agree
with you, I don't think this sort of business practice will ever stop.
With most companies, the bottom line is always the guiding
factor...money always before ethics !! This happens in every industry,
not just ours. Big companies just don't have the internalized drive to
do things the way you and I and most of the regulars on this newsgroup
do things, since alarm systems are not "personalized"
in any way - customers are just another contract to guarantee their
revenue stream. Big companies have horrible attrition rates as a
result, and the best they can ever do is try to "manage" the level of
losses as a hedge against bottom line negative effect. When customers
are seen as "statistics" rather than clients, as is always the case
with these large conglomerates, this attrition is what happens.

Look on the bright side - we gain loads of takeovers from dissatisfied
clients, plus it gives us a superb opportunity to show to potential
new clients how we can be so superior that they would be foolish to go
with the ADT's of the world. The ONLY reason why I have ever lost to
ADT is because I don't sell phoney "free systems" These free systems
have a place in the market, just not in my market !!

The worse they look through such sales actions, the better a quality
independant looks in the market ! Take advantage of it....:))

You can't win every customer over, nor would you really want a lot of
theirs....