Re: Weird heat detector

nick markowitz Wrote:

>Ok so I have this personnel care home which has an Edwards 6000 fire
>panel which has been causing mysterious false last couple days I trace
>it to the heat detectors in shower areas and when i pull the Edwards
>heat down one of them has what looks like a black resistor factory
>installed to one side of tabs  to center of detector. never saw one of
>these before with all the hundreds i have change over years any idea
>what it is? Power Led ? etc.

Are you using a conventional circuit or addressable?  What modal number?

Are you sure its not an isolator or surge fuse?

Take a picture next time.

Frank will be along shortly, he is the Edwards expert here.

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan  (Colbert Report)