Re: Outdoor CCTV problem

Robert Macy Wrote:

>I think the base line for a GREAT system is to sit down and figure out
>the level of false alarms I can stand, and if I could accept a single
>missed positive   Exactly, what type of alarm indicator do I want?
>Bell, lights, silent alert with quiet recording?
>
>make a list of needs: is detection enough, or do I want to view what
>caused the detected intrusion? yes
>1. go stand and look, pretend you're a camera, what are you trying to
>see? when - dark, light, into sun? Use digital camera to get a
>'flavor' for what a camera sees.
>then decide camera, lense, distance, field of view, weather the camera
>will be submitted to, lighting
>2. what to do with the screen shots
>how often 'review' info, amount of storage, type of storage
>3. how to view
>real time/post production, separate monitors, or insert in TV system,
>etc  this function appears to be where most of the whiz bang hype
>lurks now.
>
>Did I miss anything?  Something I should also consider?

do you have a monitored alarm system?  If so, you can send pictures to
the monitoring center and they will react based on what set it off.
--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan  (Colbert Report)