Re: A lot of brass !

On Nov 11, 7:59=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 11, 7:15=A0pm, "Bill" <billnomailnosp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > Got a call this morning from an alarm company in the process of
> > > putting one of my old, disconnected systems on line. He started by
> > > becoming very chummy with me, asking if I remembered him. I didn't
> > > but
> > > I certainly remember his company, since they unethically lock all
> > > their boards, and then actually advertise on the can..."we lock all
> > > our boards for your security" (yeah...right...for who's security ??)
>
> > > Anyway, after a few friendly comments he proceeds to ask me for my
> > > installer code. Taken aback, I asked him how long he has been in
> > > this
> > > business, since anyone with more than 20 minutes experience in this
> > > business knows this is something never given out willy nilly. I told
> > > him to simply default the board to factory, since none of my boards
> > > are ever locked. He then admits to me he doesn't know how to program
> > > this make and model !!!!!
>
> > People are lazy these days and don't know how to read installation
> > manuals. I am seeing this a great deal on the internet...
>
> > For example...
> > "I want to install 5 new outlets. Tell me how to do this."
>
> > They make no effort to read any books on how to do this and expect
> > someone to tell them step by step how to do the work!
>
> RHC: Interesting observation Bill, and I concur 100%. Most of the
> questions I respond to from my customer base are covered in the first
> few pages of their user manual
>
> RTFM....!!!...:)-

You've heard of the age of Aquarius?.......
We'll we're presently in the age of Google.
As the years roll by , this generation of people,  who should learned
things ....  figured out that they don't have to know how to do
anything or commit anything to memory .......  What ever one wants to
know ...... just Google it. You don't have to remember it, or ponder
it or work out comparisons or alternatives to other similar
things ....... because the next time you want to know something about
it  ...... just Google it again ..... and then forget it.

You might also refer to it as "The Age of Brains of Mush"

At this point in my life, gratefully I'm still able to function,
however,  with the ability to choose to deal, (for the most part,)
with rational people only, I'm sort of sitting on the side lines, just
watching society decline. I kind of get this feeling of superiority
when I watch what people do.

I just spent a long weekend in Manhattan and while walking down the
street, one of these street venders was selling "wise crack" signs.
The one, out of all of them, that struck me most was.     "Never
underestimate the power of a large group of stupid people"  For me,
that sums up the age we're living in.

You've heard it before .... that there are three kinds of people in
the world  People that make things happen. People that watch things
happen and People that don't know what the fuck happened. There are so
many more of the latter .... now.