Re: Changing the call out phone number??

"AngryOldWhiteGuy" <AngryOldWhiteGuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
in message news:iruofi$52q$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On May 29, 2:01 pm, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> > On May 27, 8:48 pm, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:>>
>> > "AngryOldWhiteGuy" <AngryOldWhiteGuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> > I think it's more like V ja doo.
>>
>> > That's the feeling you get when you don't want to be here again.
>>
>> Ok, here is the easy way. Remove the two wires in the screw terminals
>> marked AC and twist them together. Then cut all the red wires. That
>> should
>> pretty effectively disable the dialer.
>
> RHC: Ok, now that we've all had our fun with you, I'll give you a
> straight answer.
>
> First off, unless you have the installer code, nothing else I say
> matters a damn.
>
> Assuming you do, go...*8, installer code to get into programming mode.
> Then go into section 015 and turn off the 7 light (this disables
> telephone line monitoring). Then go into section 380 and turn 1 light
> off. Then pound out  (#) and things should work properly, as your
> panel will not try to dial out, and the TLM is now disabled (so it
> won't look for dial tone and generate a trouble when it doesn't see
> that )
>

> Thanks for the guidance - I appreciate you sharing your experience with
> me - hopefully, I'll have an opportunity to repay the favor to someone
> that needs to know something about which I have experience.
>
> And for the other guy that explained "the easy way" - was that fun for
> ya???

Please note that all sentences terminated with the "?" mark are rhetorical.

So, do you have the installer code?  Were you even aware that the installer
code is NOT the master code?  If so great.  If not my way still works.
Guaranteed, no more annoying lights.  But, I am sure you feel you are the
smartest guy in the room and you will do as you said:

" I'll have to look into re-programming it myself  - disabling the dialer
shouldn't be that difficult, huh??"  Really?  Just like that huh?  People
didn't fall all over themselves to tell you what you wanted to hear, but
told you the truth instead and you don't need any help anyway.  Well if you
didn't need any help anyway why did you bother to ask?

There is nothing hard about programming many alarm panels, but without the
installer code you are totally out of luck.  Well, you could pull it and
ship it off to Jima Rojas to be unlocked, but he charges to do that.

Fun, no.  I have seen hundreds if not thousands of guys like you come and go
on this newsgroup.  Déjà vu.  All over again...

Bob La Londe - Real Name
Yuma, Arizona - Really were I live

P.S.  So how angry are you?