We

> [...]
> > Most dealers shy away from advertising because of the enormous out of
> > pocket cost involved.
> > With my program your cost would be a set membership fee that would
> > entitle you to receive qualified leads in your area.
> > So let's say the program is horrible and can only produce one sale a
> > year for you. That's $400.00 that remains in your pocket.
> > Maybe we can only save you $15.00 on equipment purchases per install
> > and say you only do 50 installs per year. That's another $750.00 that
> > remains in your pocket.
> > Let's say you use our funding for renters to accept 2 new clients in a
> > year and they both have poor credit. That would put $1200.00 in your
> > pocket but knock out equipment and overhead so drop that down to a
> > $600.00 net profit on those 2 deals.
> > Forget referrals, and forget income from service. Forget every other
> > benefit of membership. Consider that to be gravy.
> > OK so we are sitting on a total of $1,750.00 in added revenue to your
> > business over the course of a year if all you do is use it minimally.
> > Wait! Deduct the basic membership fee of $500.00. That leaves you with
> > a $1,250.00 profit.
> > Did you have to do anything out of the norm to achieve that? No.
> > Would you like to have an extra $1,250.00 in your pocket.
>
> > Realistically this program, if used properly, will help the average
> > dealer generate an additional $4,000.00 per month in net profit
> > without selling your soul to the devil.
> > Even the guys that are trying to wind down their careers should jump
> > on board and take the extra $4,000.00 per month.
>
> > And Robert, for your information you and Jim were two of the people I
> > had in mind when I designed this. Not saying I want you two to join
> > because we're not in Canada and we can't accept "Anonymous" on our
> > contracts but I designed it to attract two very intelligent guys on
> > the opposite ends of the spectrum. That's why I wanted to thank you
> > and Jim for helping me with me over the years even though you didn't
> > realize you were doing so. My program had to have something that could
> > attract everyone, including two old codgers that are set in their
> > stubborn ways. Some facets you won't like. Some facets he won't like
> > but there are plenty of other facets that you could benefit from.
> > Neither one would touch funding, or marketing benefits but who would
> > refuse a qualified sales lead and who would refuse discounted
> > equipment pricing? Would you turn down a qualified lead? Not a
> > customer looking for a zero down but an honest to goodness qualified
> > lead. Would you insist on paying more for your equipment or would you
> > buy under a program that would save you money?
>
> RHC: Good for you ! Assuming you actually did venture into Canada,
> what do you realistically think you could do for my company that
> operates according to the strict rules below:
>
> 1- Never spent a penny on advertising since word of mouth and a my
> website brings in FAR FAR more business than I can handle <

Let's say you get a lead for someone wishing to spend $1000.00 on a
system and we get one for someone wishing to spend $2000.00 on a
system. Which lead would you prefer to have?

> 2- Basically "treading water" to keep my accounts under the glass
> ceiling of 1200, taking on new ones to replace those lost to natural
> attrition (plus a few where it's hard to say no...) <

Our leads will be hard to say no to since they are all qualified by
phone. Qualification includes education on security and realistic
expectations as far as cost.

> 3- Really not interested in growing any bigger although I still
> "cherry pick" new systems that come in the door for only the most
> profitable accounts. <

See #1
> 4- Doing fewer and fewer takeovers as time goes on due to the poor
> quality level of a lot of systems in the field and which cause
> needless service calls for me over the long term. <

That's not really a major aspect of our business.

> 5- Looking to keep my service levels to lowest level possible yet
> still ALWAYS giving outstanding service at the same time (this is
> first and foremost a service business) <

We don't dictate service terms

> 6- Don't market =A0in the "down and dirty" low end market at all so no
> long term contracts are ever required (and won't ever be put in
> place).<

What if a customer wants a large system and they ask about leasing
options? Would you deny them?

> 7- All systems are very "high end" and paid for at fair market value
> right up front. Customer fully owns them from day one. <

Continue with what works best for you but we can find you additional
high end clients.

> 8- I have already negotiated very good pricing with three solid
> wholesalers who get all my business. <

OK Bob let's shoot straight. Pricing comes down to buying power. I
have enormous buying power. Wouldn't it be safe to say we could get
better pricing than you? When we hit Canada we will be much larger. At
that point our Canadian pricing would come into play. With our US
track record we will probably have pricing second to that of ADT.
So say we can only save you $15.00 an install and $5.00 a service
call. Add it up. We haven't even addressed discounts on monitoring,
contracts, yard signs, etc.

> 9- I diligently and regularily purge accounts that end up being too
> much trouble, with customer caused excessive service calls. <

Not our concern.

> I'm not trying to be smart here Tom - I ask this question in all
> honesty.<

I know and it's appreciated because again you are one of my targets.
If you can be closed than anyone can be closed.
Bob, you can be closed :)

> Somehow I just don't see anything in it for me established as
> I am over the long term and running things as I do. I suspect you
> would have much more to offer new "start ups", or those playing in the
> "free system" market, or other high risk markets rather than in the
> specific "niche" market that I sell in.
> I'm glad you were thinking of us when you conceived this venture but I
> very much doubt you thought I for one would ever fit in.....:)) <

This is exactly what I meant when I said put your ego to the side and
investigate because your ego made up your mind before the facts did.
If and when we hit Canada we will get out the pencil and paper to play
with true numbers. When all is said and done, and when we have
concrete numbers, we can then make an educated decision. Wouldn't you
agree?
Yes I am saying even if it boiled down to nothing more than equipment
pricing there would be reason enough for a company likes yours to join
our program.