Re: Tom's aiming for the "Big Time"

On May 14, 7:04=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 14, 5:12=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On May 14, 2:53=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > From Security Systems News
>
> > >http://www.securitysystemsnews.com/article/online-alarm-quotes-gets-f.=
..

> > RHC: I wish him well; however, I hope he knows what he is doing and
> > has thought this venture out properly, realizing all the downsides.
> > Any time you deal with renters, or bad credit customers, they have no
> > stake in anything and feel little obligation to follow through if it
> > doesn't suit their purposes.
>
> Well, it's always the person who takes the chance with something that
> another wouldn't touch, that can make the quantum leap to success. And
> Tom's the kind of person that can do it. If not...... he'll bounce
> back and try again. That's just the way he is.
>
> As is often said. Every failure is just another learning opportunity.
>
> I remember a story about Thomas Edison ( don't know if it's true or
> not but,). He was being interviewed about his experiments with the
> electric light bulb. The interviewer asked him about the thousands of
> different materials he had tried to use as a filament that failed and
> why he didn't get discouraged? =A0Edison said that he just learned 1000
> ways not to do it.
>
> There's another story about one of the largest janitorial suppliers in
> the US. ( don't remember the name of the company now) The founder of
> the business was working his way through college and couldn't find a
> job in a college town. He got a mop, bucket and cleaning materials and
> went to all the local gas stations and offered to clean them each week
> for a small fee. No one else would do it ..... so
>
> He just cashed in on something that no one else would ever have done.
>
> Sometimes it works. It all depends if you're willing to take the risk.

RHC: You're right, there is risk and then there is risk. Fully knowing
the risk and taking the chance anyway is the sign of an entrepreneur.
Not knowing the risk and taking the chance anyway is the mark of a
fool. Tom certainly is not that, so lets hope he has done his homework
and things do work out for him