Re: Fire Alarms Certification

James B Wrote:

>Do you need to be certified on every brand of fire alarm panel you
>work on?  With so many different brands out their how does this
>work?

If one is licensed in Texas, they can work on any FACP legally.  The
issue with manufacturer certs. comes in on individual jobs, where the
customer has specified the equipment.  It applies with security too, for
example many moons ago; I helped install cctv/access control at the new
Federal Reserve Bank in Houston.  The customer (feds in this case),
required at least one factory trained Lennell and one Pelco certified
tech to always be on-site.

--

"We completely understand that he's not able to come, but that the invitation was made in that spirit,"
--White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, on Obama inviting Bush to the World Trade Center site.