Re: VISTA 12D

On 5/9/2011 1:39 AM, proguard wrote:
> On 8 ÌÜúïò, 14:57, nick markowitz<nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> On May 8, 7:25 am, proguard<sp.kintzoni...@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>
>>> Recently i did *97 1 at an Ademco Vista 12D panel in order to reset
>>> default values but after that the keypad is "dead"! It dispalys
>>> nothing! Any idea?
>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> never heard of a 12 D but if default command went thru it probably
>> does not recognize the address for the key pad.
>>
>> most newer series panels need first initial keypad set at address  16
>> or 00   if not the display will be blank.
>>
>> check address by pushing and releasing 1 and 3 together  if   not 16
>> or 00  then power down keypad  power up hit 1 and 3 together release
>> press in correct address then star and it should display default data
>> properly.
>
> Thanks dear Nick. I put keypad at address 16 and it works again. At
> address 00 it displays nothing. So it works only at add 16.
> After *97 the keypad went at address 17 thats why.
> Thanks a lot.

That makes sense.  The other company I worked for had a standard thing
where we would program the system keypads to 17 and up, reserving 16 for
a programmer keypad temporarily connected at the panel. (We used the FA
168CPS - sounds like you have a Vista 20P or something similar)

That made it easier for service guys later and allowed the installer to
work right from the head end.