Re: Smoke alarms

"zig" <wallstreet123456@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:23508f44-0e18-42bc-819d-dec17308e954@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have three two wire smoke alarms hard wired to my Napco 3200 panel.
> The smoke detectors are over 13 years old and they labeled ESL
> (Photoelectic)  2-Wire Smoke Detector.
> Should smoke detectors be replaced after a certain period of time and
> if so what Brand/model do you recommend to replace these with and what
> are the
> steps required to install the new ones?
>
> As always thanks for your help.
>

> Steven

I have heard it said before that smoke detectors should be replaced every
ten years.  I would download the installation sheet for your smoke detector
and test them (if they have a magnet test) according to the sheet and
replace any that do not test within spec.  You may want to replace them
anyway as there was an ESL 400 series smoke recall sometime back then.
Currently I like the ESL 521 BXT for general 2-wire applications.