Re: NetTalk Duo VoIP

On Mar 22, 4:59=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >The NetTalk Duo is just like the MagicJack, but with one key feature: It
> >is USB and also has a Ethernet jack to plug directly into your router.
> >This eliminates the need of keeping a PC running like MJ does.
>
> >I just completed a test using the slowest broadband connection
> >available. I tested the Time Warner Road Runner Lite (1Mbit)
>
> >So far I have downloaded Radionics, Ademco, Napco and DSC panels with no
> >problems.
>
> Can you use your own SIP #'s ?

RHC: Jim, can this device properly substitute for a land line for
customers who no longer wish to pay for one ? Seems with conventional
VoIP being so unreliable and basically unusable (reliably) for alarm
systems, perhaps this might be a solution that will work for people !!
Have you tested alarms signalling to the station with one of these
devices ?