Could two relays overload door-unlock output?

I have a car alarm, Excalibur, AL-1510-EDP.   It has been installed in
my Chryler LeBaron for about 3 years and had always worked fine.  (In
a previous car, I had an AL-1000-E for several years)

The alarm included a separate relay to unlock the two doors** and
another separate relay to unlock the trunk.  The standard automotive
relays used with car alarms.

Since the trunk lid doesn't pop up anyhow, and I often wanted the
trunk open when I unlocked the car, I changed the wiring, I moved the
trunk relay wire, so that when I unlock the car doors, it also unlocks
the trunk.

Everything was fine for a week, but then the remote, both of them
would no longer arm the alarm, or lock or unlock the locks.**

Did I overload the circuit by connecting two relays to the same
output?

**Alhthough it's not totally dead.  I think there are 3 fuses in the
setup and none are blown.  When the battery dies (as it did often in
the cold winter, I have a Battery Buddy that disconnects the battery
when it gets too low, and when I push the button on the battery buddy
to reset it, or sometimes after that, when I then turn the ignition
key (one or the other and always), the alarm sounds for 4 or 5 seconds
and stops.

If I overloaded it, or not, is there any chance of repairing it?  I
have many years of very part time amateur tv repair.   If the problmee
is in an IC, I'm stuck, but if there's an internal relay I overloaded,
I should be able to fix that, for example, and maybe even something
more difficult.

**And another one to look the doors. There is also the other usual
features like a current sensor, a starter motor interrupt, Echo II
two-way remote, plus a regular remote.