Re: found some good deals ......

See Inline

> -----------
>
> Ok now ..... RS485 control signals interface at a terminal block on both =
the
> camera and DVR. =A0What is the best twisted wire pair to use for this? =
=A0Would
> one twisted pair of a Cat 5 cable work ok for 100 yards?

you could use shielded Cat 5

> If Cat 5 cable is used for the RS485 control signals, can I transmit the
> video and "shield" down a second twisted pair in the same Cat 5 cable? =
=A0

You could do the video if you are using balun's but not shield or
power

> Could I ship 12 volts and ground down a third twisted pair in the same
> cable? =A0If so, how far?

No,  cat 5 is not large enough to supply power  300 feet, assuming you
are running pan tilt motors and heater/blowers. Their are online
calculators to figure out your wire size.

> Last problem, the DVR has BNC connectors for video in. =A0Would I just so=
ldier
> a BNC connector on the video cable for connection at the DVR? =A0What abo=
ut
> impedance matching? =A0Any problems to watch for? =A0What am I missing?

Use Video Baluns

Hope that helps,  James