Re: QWEST Still Sucks

On 3/4/2011 12:44 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> Yesterday I did a move for a client from one suite in a complex to
> another. They ordered a new phone line for the new suite. (not sure why)
> Anyway, I could not find the prerun wire from their new suite in the
> phone room were the demarc is. The new phone line was there clearly
> marked on a new block.
>
> It bothered me until I got out my ladder and a flashlight to look up in
> the ceiling. The feed wire to that suite went into a conduit which I
> could see went down a wall into a nearby utility room. I had building
> management come out to open the utility room for me. I expected to find
> a cross connect board, but nope. There was a whole-nuther demarc. Coming
> down the wall was the feed wire from the clients suite. Says telco
> property on the demarc, more than a dozen lines are connected there, and
> its obviously fed by a telco provided underground cable.
>
> No problem I thought. Call Q-Worst and explain that they had installed
> to the wrong demarc. The first CS rep decided I was high, that it was
> installed correctly, and that it was the customer's fault for not hiring
> Q-Worst to install wire and jacks. (Wire and jacks that already existed
> in perfect working order.) After going back and forth on the phone for
> nearly 30 minutes arguing with the first genius I got switched to another.
>
> It took nearly 30 minutes for the second genius to decide to send
> somebody out, but he still argued that Q-Worst had installed it to the
> correct demarc inspite of the fact that a previous business in that
> suite had Q-Worst service from that demarc. I even looked them up in a
> directory and found their old listed number marked on the block covers
> in the demarc. Q-Worst will have a field tech out sometime today between
> 9 and 5, and they still may not do anything according to genius number 2.
>
> Sigh.
>
> Any Q-Worst reps reading this take offense? Good. Maybe you will fix the
> problem of blaming all your mistakes on other people, and just start
> fixing your mistakes. Maybe train your techs to understand that those of
> us who are personally responsible for our performance actually know what
> we are talking about. I doubt it, but we can hope.

Aw crap - ya done got me started on telco bastids.

Doing a fire system for a major department store in Flint, MI.  It's a
sub from ADT.  Anyway, supposed to meet the telco sub-contractor and
show him where the fire panel will be so he can run the lines.  I drove
up from Detroit and there are at least six weather related accidents
that make me half an hour late.  I call ahead to let them know I will be
there.

I show the guy where the fire panel will be and he starts whining about
how he was told he was only going to have to verify lines, not run them
and how he hates drilling through concrete block.  I show him the main
telephone room and he doesn't know the numbers he's supposed to use.  I
even show him where the intrusion panels are, as they were noted on his
paperwork, but told him they are working fine and as far as I knew.

Last time I saw him he was calling his boss about the tire on his van
being flat.

About a week later I get a call from my boss who wants a blow by blow of
what happened when I met with him.  The store called the telco about the
work not being done.  Telco calls the sub who braces the tech and he
tells them I showed up late (which was true), didn't know where anything
was and just told him he was on his own before leaving after only a few
minutes.

Well, I've only been with these guys since December but my boss and the
install mgr from ADT we work with felt they knew me well enough that
they backed me up even before getting my story - that was nice, but I'd
still like to throttle that jerk...